Line Producer / Supervising Producer
Ark Media, one of the leading producers of non-fiction content in the US, is looking for a Line Producer/Supervising Producer type to help oversee the financials and project supervision company-wide. Candidates should have Line Producing and Production Accounting experience (with Quickbooks) and be able to manage multiple projects concurrently. While this is mostly a financial role, oversight over most business functions including staffing for projects and working with the Office Manager on day to day management is key.
- Create and maintain all budgets for production using Excel.
- Track costs through Quickbooks and report on actuals for Producers and Clients.
- Collaborate with Producers on expected costs to completion and determine budgetary issues.
- Oversee bookkeeping and maintain correct project costs
- Manage cash flow on weekly basis
- Invoice clients at payment schedule milestones
- Process payroll bi-weekly
- Manager American Express account and accurate data entry of charges
- Manage pettycash process and reconciliation
Staffing & HR
- Maintain proper HR policies and leadership
- Identify open positions and assist Producers in hiring
- Send official job offers in email and negotiate with candidates
- Recruit for Interns
Space Management & Technology
- Manage space plan to ensure proper work space for all hires
- Identify space needs in advance of needs
- Work with IT Manager on providing equipment to new hires where needed, and providing approval on new purchases
- Maintain schedule and milestone calendar for deliveries
- Work with Producers and Post on final deliveries and changes in schedule affecting budget and payment
- Make sure proper staff is in place to complete all deliverables
- Acquire new production insurance policy for new projects
- Coordinate with broker for COI’s when needed
This is a leadership position in a small company so wearing many hats is essential. The ideal candidate will have a strong project management background, be well versed in Quickbooks and cost reporting, and be ready to grow into a more executive role.
Located in downtown Brooklyn, Ark is a great company that supports and develops talent, staffed with incredibly smart and hard-working production professionals.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org